adidas Flagship, New York
Shop like a pro
adidas partnered with Gensler to design its New York City flagship and create a one-of-a-kind destination on 5th Avenue.
Inspired by American high school stadiums, the adidas flagship store design channels the grit, passion, and determination of young athletes.
The unique stadium design concept is inclusive and aspirational: a space made by creators, for creators. The store’s emphasis on creativity and authenticity sets it apart from its many competitors nearby.
Customers enter through a concrete stadium tunnel, hugged by bleacher seating. Subsequent floors include old school, locker-room style dressing rooms, and a running track to test out products.
store, adidas' largest in the world
distinct products in stock
major athletic attire competitors on 5th Avenue Corridor
- Brand Strategy
- Environmental Graphic Design
- Experience Strategy
- Interior Design
- Signage & Wayfinding
- Best Retail Store Design, MAPIC Awards, 2017
- Best International Store, Retail Week Interiors Awards, 2017
- Design of Honor Award, Commercial Retail, SARA National Awards, 2017
- Honorable Mention, Retail Environments, Fast Company Innovation by Design Awards, 2017